Skip to main content

Is it possible in VA to get your license renewed with an expired passport with I551 stamp and a green card USCIS notification.

Bristow, VA |

My name is Chris and I'm an LPR I have been living in the US since 1999 when I was 9 turning 10 ( My Dad is a citizen) and I lost my wallet in January containing my green card and license so I filed a form I90 with USCIS but they have a backlog of applications and it could be months before my biometrics exam let alone the issuance of my green card. I really need to get a car to get a better job than the one I have now ( I walk to work). My passport is the only photo ID I have but it's expired (since 2008 ). I know I should have renewed it or filed for citizenship but I wasn't traveling (nor could I afford to) and the fees to become a citizen are so expensive I can't afford it, I struggled just to pay the I90 fees. I really would appreciate any help thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


A good quesiton for a VA local attorney not an immigration attorney since this is a quesiton of VA not Federal immigration law. BTW, this information is readily available on VA motor vehicle department site.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer