Skip to main content

Is it possible for muscle pain from an accident to move from one area to another?

Clemmons, NC |

Was involved in accident, i was not at fault, im getting treatment for the injury, but muscle soreness is now in a new area. Is that normal. the accident was like two weeks ago. Should I tell the dr about the new pain?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


This question should be asked of your doctor. You should definitely tell your doctor.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.


You should inform the doctor of your symptoms, health problems, and pain. Your treating doctor will be in the best position to assess your injuries and order testing to better diagnose the source and origin of your pain and discomfort. The insurance company will question any injuries claimed from the accident including but not limited to those that seem to arise 2 weeks following the accident date.


ALWAYS be honest with your doctors about your medical needs. You should also tell your attorney about this!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


Yes you should tell the doctor about the new pain area.You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.


The best person to answer this question is your doctor. However, it is possible for the pain to onset several days, sometime weeks, after an accident. More importantly, you must inform your doctors of all of your medical issues. A personal injury attorney’s job is to obtain compensation for our injured clients and see that they are made whole (get you back to the physical condition you were in before the accident). It is the doctor’s role to tend to all of your medical needs. The personal injury attorney’s role is to ensure that you are adequately compensated for your pain and suffering.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer