Is it possible for me to keep my driver's license after a first DUI?

Cleveland, GA |

Absolutely. Feel free to give me a call at 678-522-9540 to discuss your case.

Probably your only chance at a defense will be a legal technicality. DUI cases are sometimes won when the officer makes a mistake and the test results get thrown out of court. Very seldom, but sometimes, these cases are also won on timing issues. Only an experienced lawyer will know if you have a defense to this case. Otherwise, upon conviction, you will lose your license. The State may also terminate your employment. Note that you already are losing your license if you have not filed an appeal of the license suspension that was initiated at the time of your arrest. You have 10 days to appeal this suspension. If it has not already passed, you need to act quickly to protect your license for the time being.

You need to hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer in your area that defends DUI cases and is aware of the driver license consequences in criminal court and with the DOT/DMV. Get a lawyer now.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Speak with a DUI attorney as was mentioned previously if you have not filed for an administrative appeal within 10 days of your arrest you may already have your license suspended.

Ty

This response is for general information only, no attorney client privilege has been established by this communication.

There is always a chance that a lawyer could get the charges reduced or beat them at trial, so it is worth going in for a free consultationwith an attorney. Also, even with a dui conviction, so long as it is your first, you should be able to obtain a permit to drive to and from work. You need to find out what the consequences of a DUI would be to your employment before you see an attorney, and follow up on the 10 day letter the others have mentioned.

The above information is general in nature. In order to obtain more specific and legal advice upon which to base your important decisions, please contact our office directly for a free phone or in person consultation. Robert M. Gardner, Jr. Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP hmgrmg@yahoo.com 53 W. Candler St. Or 718 Oak St. Winder, Ga. 30680 Gainesville, Georgia (770) 307-4899 (770) 538-0555 gadebtlaw.com hicksmasseyandgardner.com serving metro Atlanta and all of Northeast Georgia Bankruptcy, Divorce, Personal Injury, Worker’s Compensation, Medical Malpractice, Adoption, Civil and Criminal Litigation

ABSOLUTELY!!! An experienced DUI Defense Attorney can review your case and find any possible defenses that are available. There can be numerous defenses that only a trained and knowledgeable DUI Defense Attorney can find and use to defend you. You are already aware that your Drivers License and JOB are on the line - you need to protect yourself and your career by getting the best DUI Defense Attorney that is available to you ASAP!!! I hope this information has been helpful! Good Luck!!! George McCranie IV www.mccranielawfirm.com

The information provided in this response to a question is not legal advise and is provided only for general information purposes. My response should not be taken as legal advise as no attorney / client representation exists. Additionally, the information given in this answer is specific to the State of Georgia only and should not be applied to any other state.