Skip to main content

Is it possible for ICE to get you in custody again when you already been in ICE custody an got out with a bond?

Modesto, CA |

my husband was In custody by ICE because they came to our home and took him. he ended up in the eloy detention center in AZ and was out on a 3,000 bond. Now his Immigration stuff and court was moved to CA and he has a court date for next year. he currently had to turn himself in due to his 2nd dui and now they have him on INS hold. Can immigration take him again? What could happen? Is this right or wrong for them to do this because I was told ICE wasn't going to get him again because he already has his immigration continuing and has a court date

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Yes, unfortunately ICE can take him away again. He should be careful and not act so carelessly as to have a 2nd DUI conviction. They will end up thinking he is a reckless individual..

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Easy. Not very likely though unless special facts exist.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Yes, he can be detained, because this second DUI violated the terms of his bond. He is now viewed as a danger to the community, because of his decision to drive while drinking alcohol.

You can and should request a refund of the bond if you directly paid DHS. Otherwise, contact the bond company with the news. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.


Absolutely possible.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


immigration issue can be difficult enough when the immigrant follows the rules, but when the immigrant breaks laws like you have explained it really limits the possibility of successfully remaining in the United States.