Is it likely for someone on probation at Southeast Corrections on a DUI charge to take a hair follicle test for a drug test?

Lawrenceville, GA |

My court paper work says I can be drug tested every month and I have only done Urine samples but however it says it can be several different types of drug tests. If I am staying out of trouble is it likely they will ask me to submit to a hair sample rather than a usual urine sample during my probation?

Is it likely? No. Is it possible? Yes. Should you do drugs while on probation and risk it? No. In fact, if you are itching to drugs so badly that you are contemplating the risk, you should immediately seek counseling. If you cannot afford a full scale program, at least attend some NarcAnon meetings.

As said above, while possible, it is unlikely they will ask submit hair for sampling. This is mainly due to cost. Urine tests are inexpensive and results are quickly returned. Not so for hair sampling. Good luck.

It could happen. Stay clean and you will not have any problems.

Darrell B. Reynolds,
Attorney and Counselor at Law
2385 Lawrenceville Highway, Ste D
Decatur, Ga. 30033
404-636-6616