Is it legal to have a no contact order placed against a female that wasnt involved in a d.v case just because thats the mans GF

Seattle, WA |

the judge said that he might not be able to contact me because im his girl friend and the girl messaged me but i didnt message her back. like im asking can the judge order him not to talk to me if i wasnt involved at all?its a criminal case but all the evidence shows she lied but hes still being punished. i was sent a message by the girl i didnt message her back.

This sounds like an unusual order. You need to consult with a local attorney to discuss the details. See my Avvo Legal Guides on domestic violence.

This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney responding, and no attorney-client confidentiality. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this Answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. The applicable law and the appropriate answer may be different in the State or States where the relevant facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes