IS IT LEGAL FOR ME TO TELL OF MY EXPERIENCE WITH A SERVICE, PERSON OR COMPANY ON THE INTERNET AND THE SOCIAL MEDIA?

Henderson, NV |

I WANT TO MAKE OTHER PEOPLE AWARE OF CROOKED BUSINESSES, SCAMS AND THOSE WHO ARE UNETHICAL, SO THAT ALL THE VICTIMS CAN COME TOGETHER AND FIGHT THIS EVIL.

This is America where our constitution guarantees freedom of speach. However, be sure your speach is accurate and truthful.

You could still be sued for your statements, but truth is an affirmative defense in a defamation law suit. The problem is, even if everything is truthful, you could still spend thousands of dollars defending yourself in a law suit.

Be sure you are prepared for this eventuality if you take this course of action.

This post is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice specific to you. This general information is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney in your jurisdiction. The attorney client relationship is not established by this post.

THANK YOU for you answers. I WOULD ONLY TELL THE TRUTH...BACKED UP BY THE MISTAKES IN WRITING, OTHER WEBSITES AND COMMENTS. The Idea of telling it to the world is to STOP THE CROOKS....PEOPLE WHO CROOK OTHERS ARE "IGNORANT" AND INCONSIDERATE OF OTHERS. WHAT ONE SENDS OUT, IT WILL RETURN TO THEM OR THEIR CHILDREN UNEXPECTEDLY. ONLY DO GOOD, TELL THE TRUTH AND HELP OTHERS. IF ATTORNEYS WOULD FOLLOW THE "GOLDEN RULEL" THEY WOULD BE RESPECTED. I HAVE FOUND OUT ABOUT THE NRS AND NOW I CAN LEARN THE LAW OR GO TO THE LAW LIBRARY AND HELP MYSELF. I AM NOT A CRIMINAL NOR A CROOK!

While we have freedom of speech under the First Amendment, I would be careful to assure that the statements you publish are accurate and truthful.

Publishing content to the internet that is not accurate or truthful could become grounds for a digital defamation lawsuit.

There are many ways to provide reviews or report services based on various industries if you have a valid complaint.

Prior to publishing any content, I would recommend seeking the advice of an attorney.