Is it legal for calif dds to require payment in advance for services?

I asked for a denture reline and was asked for payment before the DDS would order the service.

Yes, a private practitioner may set up any type of payment plans they wish...it is a business decision.

By Grace...
Shawn Jackson ESQ. (707) 584-4529
Business Development Attorney EMAIL: Attorneys@CaliforniaBusinessDevelopment.com
www.CaliforniaBusinessDevelopmentAttorneys.com
www.CaliforniaBusinessDevelopmentCenter.com
www.CaliforniaBusinessDevelopmentPlans.com

No communication resulting herein shall create an attorney-client relationship unless a separate retainer agreement is signed by attorney and client. The information provided is not legal advice nor is it conveyed in the course of an attorney-client relationship, but is intended merely as a general overview with regard to the subject matter covered. You should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel such as any attorney in this office in a subsequent email communication (agreement) and the formation of an attorney client relationship.

Yes, especially when the dentist has to order supplies in order to treat you. YOu're free to shop around and not contract with this dentist for services if you don't like their policies.

I'm only licensed in CA. Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Yes, it is entirely legal for the dentist to require payment in advance for such services.