Is it legal for a officer to deny you a statement report and to press charges after being a victim of gang violence?

Utica, NY |

i was brutally attacked and robbed police wouldnt allow me to make a statement give a report nor let me file charges even though i called them to the scene and left in an ambulance and sustained many injuries

That is unusual given the injuries. Try the State Police or District Attorney.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

state police told me they cant come into the city

It is unusual for the police to not take a complaint in the case of an assault. Contact the county DA.

I called the d.A they said it wasn't their investigation the owner of the business refuses to give up the video of the parking lot and i was taken by ambulance at the scene spent 7 hrs in the er noone is willing to help the story is a lot deeper dont wanna get into too much on the computer but i have tons of eveidence

Call Utica PD (315) 735-3301 and ask for a detective to make a complaint.

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.

everytime i call they refuse to let me speak to anyone higher up the police officer who investigated the case was supposed to pick up all of my evidence and take it to the ada go figure he never showed i just need a lawyer i have all evidence needed