Is it illegal to knowingly transmit an std to a partner and what is the legal recourse if any

Irvine, CA |

My ex gave me hpv after denying she ever had it only to find out she knowingly had it for 10yrs. Is it criminal?, is it grounds for infliction of emotional stress lawsuit? I have proof of this.

Yes.

Cal. Health and Safety Code § 120290 states: any person afflicted with any contagious, infectious, or communicable disease who willfully exposes him/herself to another person is guilty of a misdemeanor.

In theory, you could file a police report and seek to have charges brought. It may also give rise to a civil lawsuit.

Disclaimer: This answer is provided as a public service and as a general response to a general question, it is not meant, and should not be relied upon as specific legal advice, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship.