Skip to main content

Is it illegal to have sex with an exotic dancer in a 30 minute private dance that you paid for? Is that considered prostitution

Erie, PA |

I paid for a "VIP" at a strip club. It cost 90 dollars and that was for a 30 minute private dance in a private room. I had sexual intercourse with the dancer. Afterwards I gave money for a tip, 40 dollars, because she told me she was hurting for money lately. I am wondering if that is considered solicitation of prostitution. No agreements were made beforehand about how it would cost "this much" to have sex or anything like that. It just happened when we were back there.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


It does meet the definition of prostitution. You have compounded the problem by making an admission on a public site. You need to use more discretion in your personal affairs.


Technically yes it is prostitution. Of course, the authorities would have to be notified and the decision to prepare an arrest warrant has to be approved, which likely will not happen. Next time do not participate and remember that many clubs have hidden surveillance cameras.


If you pay for sex usually that is considered prostitution. However, if you paid for the lap dance and then sex happened afterwards that might be another thing. It all depends on the facts. I would go speak to a criminal defense attorney about it.

Attorney Michael Kotik, Esq.
Two Penn Center (Philadelphia)
1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 220
Philadelphia, PA 19102
(267) 265-4553 (Phone) (Email)

Answers are not of fact, but rather the opinion of the attorney answering the questions asked. At no time does this answer create an attorney-client relationship. To the extent that these answers may become available to the general public there is no confidentiality as it pertains to this answer or question. The law changes frequently, and the material on this website is for general information purposes only and neither constitutes nor is intended to be legal advice. Prior to acting based upon this general information you SHOULD seek legal counsel regarding your specific legal matter. The outcome of every case is dependent on the specific facts and legal circumstances of each individual case. This website is not an offer to represent you, which can only be made after a consultation with one of the attorneys from The Lawyer answering this question does not intend to practice in any other jurisdictions where it is not licensed. Attorney is Licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The firm does not seek to represent anyone viewing this website in other jurisdictions, and the website may not comply with the laws and ethical rules of states other than Pennsylvania and New Jersey. If you have any questions please contact my office at 215-564-1010. Lawyer Michael Kotik | | 1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 220. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19102