I have been on H4 visa since 2014 and got H4 EAD in March 2017 since when I started working. My visa expired in Sep 2017 and has been renewed. I am travelling to India and will have to get the stamping done. As I have started working between the last time I got stamping done and now,
1. am I eligible for Dropbox facility?
2. Does my working on H4 EAD makes any difference in my H4 visa stamping?
3. What documents in particular I should carry to support my stamping?
4. Considering the recent rules of the government, is it safe to travel alone (without spouse-H1b visa holder)?
Thanks in advance
1. Only the concerned US consulate in Hindustan can answer that. Email them.
2. No, not at all.
3. Need to ask H-1B spouse's attorney or in the alternative consult with an independent one in private. Most of us offer phone consultations 7 days a week, including nights and weekends.
4. Will make no real difference, all other things remaining equal.
If my answer is the "BEST ANSWER" and/or "HELPFUL" please mark it accordingly. Fluent in 7 languages. Certified Specialist in U.S. Immigration & Nationality Law, The State Bar of California, Board Of Legal Specialization. 24 years of successful immigration law experience. The answer above is only general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.
1. Yes if no other problems are in the record.
2. No, as long as you did not work before you got the EAD.
3. Proof of marital status to and maintenance of status by the h1B principal.
The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.
The H-1B employer's lawyer is best suited to address your concerns.
Our Rating is calculated using information the lawyer has included on their profile in addition to the information we collect from state bar associations and other organizations that license legal professionals. Attorneys who claim their profiles and provide Avvo with more information tend to have a higher rating than those who do not.What determines Avvo Rating?Experience & background
Years licensed, work experience, educationLegal community recognition
Peer endorsements, associations, awardsLegal thought leadership
Publications, speaking engagementsDiscipline