Skip to main content

Is it considered an invalid transaction if one presents false information and docs to a court to obtain a property by fraud?

Baltimore, MD |

How can one get a court order to put a lien of ownership interest on the property that was taken by fraud?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The answer to your question appears to be self evident. It is well established that things obtained by fraud can usually be reclaimed by proving such fraud in a lawsuit on that basis. However, there can be defenses, such as the Statute Of Limitations, laches, unclean hands, and other defenses. Obviously there is more to this story, so if you are interested in undoing the effects of someone's fraud, consult with an attorney and give him/her all the facts and you will receive the legal advice to help you handle this appropriately.

Office: (410) 381-1656. This is NOT legal advice, is GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, and does NOT establish an Attorney/Client Relationship with you because you have not yet retained me, and because you have not provided me with a COMPLETE set of all the FACTS in your legal situation. Therefore my answer cannot address your specific legal situation and you should not rely upon my answer in your legal matter. This answer is provided as GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, and to assist you in beginning your own research or in finding an attorney to represent you. I am an attorney licensed in Maryland and California. If you want me to provide legal advice, then you must call for a Consultation. If you would like me to represent you, then a Retainer and a fully signed and dated Legal Services Agreement (a contract) will be required. Office: (410) 381-1656. David Mahood, Esq.


Subject to certain defenses, if you can prove fraud to the court you may be able to "unwind" the transaction and put the property back into the original ownership. It depends on your facts, and what you are calling "fraud."


Presenting knowingly false evidence to a court is a serious transgression. Your question does not say when the proceedings occured. However, a court would take significant steps to correct a fraudulently obtained judgment. Exactly, how that would be done would require more information about the incident and when, relative to the timing other pertinent matters, it occured. I think you would be well advised to have legal assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer