Skip to main content

Is it best my boyfriend gets married to apply for resident or if he applies for visa from domestic violence victim

Hayward, CA |

My boyfriend has court with ice September 2013 but we are afraid that he will get deported will it best if right now he applies for a visa for domestic violence or if ee get married and i help him get a resident

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


the best for your boy fried would be to ire an experienced immigration attorney to go over the facts of the case. That may also assuage his fears.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.


There is insufficient information to answer your question. It would be in you and your boyfriend's best interests to consult an experienced immigration attorney.


I suggest your boyfriend consult with a reputable immigration attorney as soon as possible. Only by thoroughly assessing his criminal/immigration history it will be possible to determine what is the best course of action for him. Good luck.

[This answer is for general purposes only; it does not constitute advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.]

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman


Good answer


Impossible to answer you question without additional information.

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer