Skip to main content

Is it bad?

Tampa, FL |
Attorney answers 5


It's subjective. It's illegal, hence the DUI. I recommend you hire an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area. The attorney may find grounds to get the breath thrown out. Most DUI's have some grounds to fight.


Not the worst breath result in the world. You will need a DUI lawyer in your area to assist you. DUI have lots of possible defenses and you should retain someone who can assist you in Tampa!

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-588-6714 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at and put AVVO in the subject line.


legal limit is .08. you had .12.


My firm is located in Tampa and handles DUI cases. We offer free case consultations. It is important to retain an attorney quickly because you only have ten days to conduct a DHSMV hearing. Good luck

This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship or constitute attorney advertising. Rather, it is offered solely for informational purposes. The facts of each case are different and unique, it is critical to consult with qualified counsel with whom information can be shared and assessed under attorney-client privilege, so that competent and quality advice can be obtained on which you can make informed decisions


It is not that bad - roughly .12 blood alcohol content, but in many blood cases, there is also a medical blood draw, which may be higher or lower. The legal limit is .08, so .129 would be over the limit, but there are many other elements to a DUI charge - assuming that all of those are met and the blood result is accurate, then yes, this would be sufficient for a DUI charge. answers provided solely for informational purposes. Answers are not legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. If you are seeking legal advice, contact a competent attorney in your local jurisdiction. Learn more about my practice at

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer