Skip to main content

Is it all possible to take a work related injury that wasn't claimed as one but was claimed as a disability claim and change it

Palm Springs, CA |

To a W/C claim like it should of been in the place?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Yes. People often make this mistake because they are afraid of losing their job. How well the injury is memorialized in the medical history, will determine how much of a headache you created for you and your attorney.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links:


Yes. It will depend in part on how long ago the accident happened, and what story you told the doctors during the contemporaneous treatment. If the story shifts over time, credibility issues will arise.

I represent Employers, but I can recommend Worker Attorneys in So Cal if you ask.



I filed for disability in April 2012. Returned to work in Sept. 2012. But now as of July 8 2013 I'm again out of work with just as much pain if not more then in 2012.

George Ellis Corson IV

George Ellis Corson IV


Send me a private message, and I will give you the name of a good WC Attorney in your area. After reviewing all your documents, I think he can give you a more definite answer.


It is possible but I agree that what you told the drs at the time of the injury is very important in determining if it is work related or not

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer