Skip to main content

Is it advisable to go to Canada or I should go to home country for first time visa stamp after H1b ?

Buffalo, NY |

My H1B is based on my MS from USA and also my employer is from Buffalo ( where I work). Won't it be easier to go to Canada for first time stamping for my visa , so if it is any problem or delay they can verify my MS and any paperwork from my employer as it is US based . Or still would be advisable to go to home country for first time stamping!!!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

Always advisable to go to home country for visa stamping. Over the the US consulate is accustomed to dealing with applicants of your nationality and you will not raise any unnecessary "eye brows". You will also not need to apply a visa to enter Canada. Plus, you will have the opportunity of seeing again the country am sure you miss from time to time and will have the opportunity to visit with loved ones again, rather than roaming the lonely streets and avenues of Toronto on your own for days..

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


What does your counsel of record advise?

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


Up to you.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


You need to see if Canadian post will do it for you. The consulate in your country has to accept you, Canadian -- not really. So, you can try, but act carefully.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:



John Lassen 1-877-252-4630

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko


Home country, yes

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer