Skip to main content

Is it a crime to make a false Quit Claim Deed when you knowingly have no legal interest in the property in NC?

Jefferson, NC |

I find a QCD against my property 88 acres that this woman made to here grandchildren. This QCD was prepared by an attorney. What recourse do I have against the law firm? The County issued a PIN off of another tract, but the QCD was my tract (legal description).

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If it was a scrivner's error, then a correction deed will only need to be filed. It could be a harmless mistake. However, if it was fraud, then contact a local attorney.


I agree with the above answer. It is not necessarily indicative of any wrongdoing, but you should likely seek the help of an experienced real estate attorney to assist you in correcting this situation. Further, the attorney can help you uncover the existence of any wrongdoing, which could lead to potential legal claims for fraud and slander of title.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer