Skip to main content

Is it a big deal to submit for naturalization with a dismiss case?

Torrance, CA |

I was charged with a case on counterfeit and it was dismiss a year later. Do you think I need a attorney to submit for naturalization? thanks, I appreciate the help

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Yes, this is really an immigration question and you will need an immigration attorney to answer your questions and help you through the process.


Yes, the process for naturalization is legally technical so an attorney should be retained to assist you through the process. I wish you the best.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.


Yes, it is best to have an attorney in your situation. Having an arrest may not make you removable and/or barred, it can cause you a lot of trouble. A good immigration attorney can help navigate your application.


Although your case was dismissed, bear in mind that you were charged with a Moral Turpitude crime/Fraud. It would be to your advantage to have an attorney help you with the process.