Is it 7 court or calendar days to serve and file the settlement statement on the other party in a family law divorce...

Not sure what type of document you are referring to. If you were ordered to serve something within a certain number of days, if the order did not specify court v. calendar days, you can count calendar days.

For more information or more personalized attention, please contact my office at (310) 410-9902 or visit my firm's website at www.waxmanlawgroup.com

I am referring to the Settlement Conference Statement. In the trial court rules it states this document along with exhibit list, witness list etc. are to be served and filed "no less than seven days". Is this court or calendar days

Tobie Brina Waxman

Tobie Brina Waxman

calendar

If you are referring to a settlement conference brief and documents prior to a settlement conference, then it is usually 5 days to file and serve in LA county.

Check Los Angeles Superior Court Local Rules, Rule 5.14 (http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/courtrules/ui/?ch=Chap5&tab=2) as to the specific timing and documents to be exchanged and filed. You should really seek the assistance of a local family law lawyer in getting this done correctly or you could run into serious problems with the admission of evidence necessary for your case.

Joseph Torri

Joseph Torri

I agree with Mr. Wilson. You should seek the assistance of a local family law attorney.

It sounds like you are referring to a Mandatory Settlement Conference Brief, which is filed and served 5 days before a Mandatory Settlement Conference.