Is is recommended to submit couples photographs with an I-130?

Brooklyn, NY |

Or is all of our holiday photos etc. only required during the interview process?

The best suggestion I could give you is for you to consult with an experienced immigration attorney near you, before filing the I-130. That will help you have the best chance of success, and to avoid problems down the road. Photographs can be, and often are, helpful in I-130 Petitions. A good lawyer will help you to put together the best possible petition.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

You need to submit pictures of a couple from different events on different dates. It is nice to have pictures with family members , especially parents. Good luck!

For an I-130, one should submit what the form instructions say is required.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

In my practice we don't generally include couples photographs with the I-130 petition however, I do ask my clients to bring a variety of couples photographs to their interviews in case the officer would like to see them.

I always suggest to submit pictures along with the application. Whie it is not a requirement of the application packet, officers almost get suspicious if not because it is a very common practice to submit pictures. If you do not submit them in the application, it is ok but definitely take some to the interview of numerous events and occassions.

It is best to hold off on the pictures until your interview date. Depending on where the I-130 is filed, it may take at least several months before an interview is held. At that interview, I would suggest bringing around 20 photographs, 2 of which you will most likely give up.