Skip to main content

Is H1-B bond legal?

Miramar, FL |

I am going to US on H1B visa. I will be working on client side. My sponsoring employer (in India) is telling me to sign a service agreement where it is mentioned that in case I change the job in US within 1 year of my employment, I will have to pay them $10000 in lieu of liquidated damages.

In case I breach this agreement, can my company take a legal action on me?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Liquidated damages are legal.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


You may wish to check with a labor law attorney. There is no immigration law against the employer doing this.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.