Skip to main content

Is by law the contact that i can have with my sister restricted in any way...

Denton, TX |

I w convicted and dischargd my sentence for sexual assulting my sister . I have no restraining orders on me for it but she is still a minor. The reason i ask is she is going through a hard time right now and has tried to commit suicide several times and i want to help her.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If you're on parole or probation then they're may be restrictions on your ability to be around minors. Otherwise the only restriction would be if there were some other court order.
Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
Austin Probation Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,


If you are on parole, then your ability to contact your sister may be limited by the conditions of your parole. However, you said you "discharged your sentence," which most attorneys would take to mean that you are neither on probation or parole and have fully served your sentence. Whether your can contact your sister may depend upon a number of factors that you have not included in your question. You should contact a criminal defense attorney in your area to consult with you about whether your contact with your sister is limited by law.

Katherine Shipman's response to your question is for general information purposes only. Nothing in this response should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer