Is an ignition interlock device required for a 3rd DWI?

San Antonio, TX |

The first two were DUIs (same statutes) in a different state, 7 and 8 years ago. How long will the IID be required during revocation? With a breathalyzer refusal and a blood draw. Don't have the BAC yet.

What revocation? Most judges would require you to have an Interlock as a condition of bond in this situation--and as a condition of probation if that is the ultimate result.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please consult an attorney who practices criminal law in your jurisdiction for the most accurate legal advice.

The device is required by statute as a condition of bond for the whole time you are on bond, and then probably will be ordered either the entire probation or half of it.

I agree with my Texas colleagues. You will probably need IID for entire time of probation.

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY

You will have the Ig Interlock the entire time. It is a statutory requirement.