Is an article of Incorporation same as the article of organization?

Delray Beach, FL |

I am just confused if this two are the same or different document. Thank you all!

Best Answer

There are slightly different names for the type of document that creates a particular type of business entity. A corporation is created with articles of incorporation. A limited liability company (LLC) is created with articles of organizaiton. A partnership is created with a partnership agreement. Creating a business entity can be confusing. You should consult an experienced business lawyer in your area to help you decide on the best type of business organization and create in in the proper way.

Disclaimer: This answer is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Actual legal advice can only be provided after completing a comprehensive consultation in which all of the relevant facts are discussed and reviewed.

Articles of incorporation is for a corporation. Articles of organization is for an LLC. They generally contain the same information, but these are two separate forms of entities.

This answer is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice regarding your question and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Thank you!

Robert John Murillo

Robert John Murillo

You're welcome.

I would only add that the requisite filing fees are different for each entity. Corporations generally run around $70, while LLC are around $125 I believe. Visit www.sunbiz.org for more information.

www.krrlaw.com

Note: The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.

They are both documents that create business entities but articles of incorporation create a corporation and articles of organization create a limited liability company (LLC).

No attorney-client relationship is created by supplying this general response. You should seek representation for specific questions or concerns.

Functionally, Articles of Organization and Articles of Incorporation are synonymous chartering documents for two different business entities (i.e., LLCs and corporations, respectively). So the correct document will depend on what entity you ultimately choose to form for your business. You should determine which entity is right for your particular circumstances and then prepare (or have prepared) the appropriate documents to form the entity with the Florida Secretary of State.