Skip to main content

Is a reported sexual abuse cause for another hospital to not except you?

Jamestown, KY |

My mother was sexually abused in a trans care hospital. A police report was filed and now because of the report the other long term care places wont except her. There are only 2 in KY for ventilator dependent people and both said they would not take her because of the report. When it happened we were told that a police report had to be filed. We did what we were told to do. The people at the hospital said the report would only be in their files not Mom's but when we tried to move her to a long term care they said the police report that was in Mom's files was the cause that they could not except her. I think this is the reason that most elder abuse is not turned in.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


It seems that there must be some missing information here, but I would urge you to consult with a local elder law attorney at once. You can use the "Find a Lawyer" tab here at Avvo to search. Best wishes.

Attorney Inga Stevens is licensed in Maine. She provides general information on No attorney-client relationship arises out of the information given here.


You should contact a local Elder Abuse attorney. They will be able to assist you in determining if you have any recourse against the facilities that will not accept your mother. GOOD LUCK!

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action.


Something is wrong with this story. Contact an attorney in your area to review this set of facts for advice and direction.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..