Is a person eligible for amnesty now even if this person forged a document last reform?

Cincinnati, OH |

This person filled out forms frauduently, knowing that a person had to be in the u.s before a specified date and this person was here after those dates. Could this be red flag for reform 2013?

While we don't have a new law yet, lying to the US government is always an issue. in fact, it is a federal criminal offense called False Statements.

Good question. Regardless whether that person forged a document or not, no one is eligible for any amnesty now. You do not have to be concerned just yet, whether that person is.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Fraud is a serious problems and I am sure it will be a serious problem with any immigraiton law that may come just as it is a problem with the current law.

I agree with my colleagues. Fraud is always an issue in immigration law and it is best to consult an attorney.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

The law is still being formulated so no one what will be in the final version. It is very likely that matters of fraud will have an impact on granting status if the law eventually passes. For now you will need to wait and see what the new law brings. You may consider have a consultation with an immigration attorney at this time or when the proposed law becomes a reality.

216.861.4414
immigration@rbrownllc.com
www.brown-immigration.com

Robert Brown LLC
1468 W.9th St., Suite 800
Cleveland, Ohio 44113