Is a criminal index the same as disposition?

Jackson, MS |

I was arrested and no charges filed but did obtain a criminal index from the court showing arrest only. The clerk said there were no court action against me and therefore no disposition. Would the criminal index serve as a disposition?
Thank you.

The DA rejected the case which was for domestic violence. No charges were filed and the case didn't make it to court. I have expunged the arrest, I was wondering if the criminal index from court showing arrest only would serve as the disposition since no court actions.

It is not a disposition, but the arrest will remain on your record unless expunged. Be warned, many crimes in Mississippi carry long statute of limitations so charges can be filed at a later date

The law office of Anders Ferrington 601-316-8428 practices state wide. In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but instead need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice.

The arrest has been expunged and I was asked for a disposition but unfortunately, there was no disposition since no charges were filed.

No Court action = no disposition. You have expunged the arrest, so you have done all you can.

Attorney Stacy E. Pepper is licensed in all State and Federal Courts in Mississippi. He is a founding Partner in the law firm of Pepper & Odom, P.C. Nothing posted here constitutes any attorney client relationship and is meant for educational purposes only. Office hours are 8:00 a.m till 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Phone: 601-914-9219 Facsimile: 888-456-2160 www.pepperodom.com