Is a copy from the bank of a levy/restraining order enough to satisfy proper service to liquidate one's bank account?

Albany, NY |

My account is up for liquidation. I was never served the restraining order papers by the judgement creditor or the US marshall, but the bank sent me a copy.

If you have notice of a restraint of your account, then you should move to vacate the judgment before the account is liquidated and the creditor takes your money.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

Contact an attorney to attempt to vacate the original judgment if possible. Further - there are specific guidelines that must be followed with respect to levying a restraining order on a bank. An experienced attorney can also verify that proper steps were taken.