Skip to main content

Is a $35,000 pre-approved settlement offer worth taking for a c-4,5,6 neck injury that requires surgery?

El Paso, TX |

with 3 herniated / bulging discs I am a surgical candidate but some dr's say that a person in their mid 30's should wait to have surgery because it most likely will result in sequential surgeries. Being that the effected discs are C4,5,6 fusion options are limited for any sequential surgeries and will probably be ineffective or cause more problems. Since my decision not to have the surgery (approx. 2 yrs) I have been prohibited from seeing a doctor and am not able to get any prescriptions to help control pain. Now, the insurance has called offering me a $35k pre-approved settlement offer to close my case. I know this will not cover the cost of surgery in the future. I have sought out atty's but have had no luck as it is a fed worker's comp case. Please help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Too Bad its a federal claim... if not, you could use the Office of Injured Employee Counsel in the Texas Dept. of Insurance.

Since it's federal, you'll need a federal workers comp attorney, but there are some in El Paso.

You'd be unwise to take ANY insurance company's first offer. And you know it's unwise because it won't cover the procedure you know you need.

THE GOOD NEWS is that your local El Paso Bar Association has a nice LAWYER REFERRAL SERVICE.

click the link below and use them:


I suggest you continue to look for a local attorney that handles federal workers comp. You can look on this website under find a lawyer. You clearly have serious injuries and I think an attorney can help. Best of luck.

Mr Martinous is licensed to practice law in RI, MA and FL. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer is for informational purposes only and is not to be considered legal advice. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney client relationship.


Feel free to call attorney Brett Blumstein at 213-687-3100. He's out of Los Angeles however handles federal work injuries all over the U.S. and he also works with our firm here in San Antonio.

Good luck.


You need to speak to a federal workers comp claim lawyer

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer