Is a K3 Visa process as bad as people say?

Bend, OR |

A K3, in theory, would really be very helpful for my husband and I in our bid to move to the USA. He is a US citizen but no longer has US domicility as he has been living here with me for 6 years. If I got a K3 we could move over there together and solve the domicility problem, giving the IR1 app a better chance of success. BUT I keep hearing that a K3 is expensive, takes forever and might not even be decided before the IR1 and so wouldn't even help solve the domicility issue. Advice much appreciated.

Best Answer

Yes, K3 can be expensive and take a long time. You should meet with an attorney. I offer consultations via Skype. If you have additional questions feel free to email me at elliot@emsylaw.com.

The Law Office of Elliot M.S. Yi, 2075 SW First Avenue, Ste 2J, Portland, Oregon, 97201 www.emsylaw.com; elliot@emsylaw.com; 503-227-0965. This answer is intended for general informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship. The statement above does not constitute legal advice, as all the facts are not known.

I am not a big fan of the K-3 ... and, you are correct, it is a more expensive option.

Meet with an attorney, many of us use Skype for consultations.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

k-3 is not a viable option anymore. Consult with an attorney.