Is $30000 excessive bail for a person who has an AGG ASSAULT W/DEADLY WEAPON charge? can the case be dropped because of it.?

Houston, TX |

The weapon was a pole. He checked for a warrant three times and then two weeks later a warrant was issued.

Best Answer

No the case can not simply be dropped because of the bond amount. Many times the police conduct an investigation before they decide to ask the District Attorney's Office to take the charges. Harris County has a bond schedule. An attorney can ask for the bond to be lowered especially if it is above the bond schedule.
http://www.justex.net/BailBondSchedule.aspx
It does not seem excessive for the charge.

Legal disclaimer: My answers are only intended as general legal advice based on my experience. They are not intended to be a binding legal opinion nor to create an attorney-client relationship.

i don't full understand why is it considered second degree? is it because of the pole? does the judge review that there were deadly verbal threats leading up to the assault. could his charges be lowered because the alleged victim was the aggressor that lead into being assaulted?

Lucio Antonio Montes

Lucio Antonio Montes

More than likely It is considered a second degree because of the weapon. The judge will not review any evidence until such time that there is either a bench trial or a jury trial. Your son is in for a long fight and all this that you are posting should be discussed with the attorney representing your son. You should definitely make an appointment with a criminal defense attorney so that they can explain all of this to you. Most offer a free initial consultation. Good luck.

Does not sound at all excessive.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

Does not sound excessive.

BEST ANSWER I got.... and I HOPE I WAS HELPFUL!! My answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship. Contact Steve Hamer at (214) 843-1529 for a FREE CONSULTATION.

No, not for an agg assault.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/