Skip to main content

Investment to get Greencard

Seattle, WA |

I would like to know what kind of investment from outside the US can get immediate green card?
How much is the minimum and maximum capital?
How much a lawyer will charge to bring up the case?
Any suggest websites so I can dig out more information


+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration Green cards
Attorney answers 3


Generally, you must invest at least $500,000 in an "at-risk" business enterprise in the US that will employ at least 10 US workers to obtain a green card. This would not, however, be "immediate."


There is nothing immediate with the US immigration. Capital from $500 000 to 1 M, lawyer and other professionals' charges depend on the project; might be as much as 50K or even more, it depends.
Start with the USCIS website.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:


There is no such thing as immediate.

But, with $500,000 invested and approximately $50,000 in administrative fees, you should get one in about 1 year ... that is good for 2 years and can be renewed.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer