Internet defamation.. Searched my name under Yahoo & sickened! My full Married with Maiden name is a sex/porn website!

Port Charlotte, FL |

Tonight I searched under "Yahoo" my Married name,which I discovered many positive searches for past accomplishments I've done throughout our community,also among was under my Maiden and Married names..Both as I have be re-married! This was the fourth one down on the first page after the search too! I clicked on the site which I was immediately appalled!!!! Sickened and distrought! How long has this been on this public international site?My Husband is furious and PRAY my Family will never see this under our/my last name either! It's a porn/sex dating webpage with naked women all over! I am very well known & respected in our town. Also about to open my own Business, which I am horrified at this being related to my name with my location (city's) name too.Can't be mistaken! Disgusted!

I'm mortified! Embarassed equally! After clicking under my name was the entire screen for a women's vagina...Not mine..How do I have this removed,so when I have anyone looking for me publicy they NVR see an Incorrect impression? I have done Events/Fundraising Business locally, as well & if this is seen will damage my reputation along with my upcoming Business & my clients.This webpage was posted under a fictious link & prefer to speak more so privately to discuss further details about this please.I'm in Awe! I would like to take legal action against whom ever used my name to associate me with this "Dating" site & also anyone else who allowed this immediately please. Any information of who/which particular Atty I need to speak with would be greatly appreciated..Thank you. *Correction from my 1st paragraph."been"..not "be" Re-Married* Also,Isn't it illegal to use another person's name withOUT their consent to make a profit? Misappropriation claim??? Just livid..Sorry.

There are many other facts that need to be discussed. Is there anything linking you to this website other than name? Your picture is not on website? Could be another woman with same name. Contact an attorney who deals in defamation law immediately to discuss the facts and your legal options.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/

Yes, it reads my First Name with Maiden Name. Below the description of their site ( my name) has my current two last names : Copyed/Pasted from "Yahoo" search engine & have changed my name's for priavcy: **** JANE DOE ( highlighted above description) then below read this: "punta gorda," JANE DOE" ... "SMITH" is a mothersign ... This photo album posted by using google Communications llc"JANE DOE -SMITH JOHNSON" *****... (with fictious link below not named after their true site surrounding "art",which I use for my one Business.) I hyphenate my last two names from my Ex Husband & Current Husband , being Remarried it's for my children's best interest to keep both names. In the section under my maiden name for their website description has my current two last names. When people searching that would use any portion of my name will come to this site. I do not any portion of my name associated with this dating site,as it harmful for my reputation. I have Banks and Government using search engines currently for Grants & Loans for my upcoming business & obviously this will come up when searching,which could be impacting and questionable to my intergerity. So far.. I haven't seen my picture, although limited time since last night to search their site listings. I don't allow nude images/pictures/photo's/video's, of myself to be taken....anywhere. So, no, there wouldn't be any pictures ever avaliable for anyone to see. I haven't checked their entire site "ladies" yet,but will of course at some point throughout my day to confirm even if my face is being listed. Thank you for your information. Appreciated.

Copied**

This presents many issues, but the first one will be how specific the site is to you. It does not seem from your description that your picture, likeness, street address or anything other than your name is used on the site. So is your name something common, like Jane Smith, or is it something unique, like Meredith Adwena Starbuckle? If you can show it is your name specifically that is being used inappropriately, then you may have remedies, but if you just happen to have a name like the one on the site, that will be more difficult.

This response is merely a general discussion of an issue based on the information provided. It is not intended as legal advice and does not form an attorney-client relationship. You are encouraged to seek out an attorney of your choosing in your local jurisdiction, and to discuss your legal issue with that attorney.

Absolutely not a simple common name ..All three aren't. All unique & I'm the only one in Florida with any of these last names. Even being used seperately too... Truly this bothers me that anyone who searches would assume that I'm affilated. Especially, when some of the pictures popping up are really descriptive of a woman's body. So...The person/persons used all three of my last names,which isn't nice either. I posted/copied the search engine below for Mr.Madison's answer,yet changed my name on here to make more common. Thank you. Appreciate your time as well to read and reply to my question.

I have contacted several Atty's,which one is willing to help me go after my name being exploited.. Found out that there are several other women in Florida who are dealing with this very same issue currently from these particular websites.. In fact, there are two seperate "dating" websites that are using my name as their primary link/search to click on then their sites, which by using my name may have people intrigued enough to pay for their high priced membership to continue to see if I'm actually on their sites... Just incredibly HORRIBLE ....this situation is.. Just though you'd like to know,or if anyone else reading this needs assistance too..Maybe can help..Just like you both have steered me in the correct direction....I found out now it's considered a "Civil" case,because of its nature..So I'm told after speaking with over 8 different Atty's also yesterday,thankfully hav one firm who can help me through this due to my financial situation. . Thank you both again & I hope this won't happen to any more people out there,yet there is always devious people lurking.

While I'm sure this is very upsetting, there is little to nothing you can do about this. There are likely many people in the country with your same name. The fact that they created a website before you does not give you any right of action if they use it for nefarious purposes. However, if this were a person that was using the site to attack you, that is another story altogether. It appears from your description though, that this is a situation of another person with your name doing bad things. There is a person is my city with my name who has gotten 4 DUI's. On the public records, if you searched it, you'd find my exact name with 4 DUI's. It's not me, though. There is nothing I can do about that. It is frustrating but a reality that we all have to deal with in the Information Generation.

The recommendations in this answer are not considered legal advice for the purposes of ethical, legal and practical evaluation, nor does this recommendation create a retention of counsel agreement between us, wherein an attorney-client relationship or privilege exists. These recommendations should never be relied upon without first consulting an attorney in your jurisdiction. I am not your attorney, unless we enter into a written agreement fulfilling the terms of that agreement. The comments posted herein are purely for public educational purposes and public discourse on general legal topics. I presume the specific fact scenarios are only supposition and am thus commenting for the public's benefit and understanding of law. I am not soliciting you to hire me or my law firm, though in certain jurisdictions I may be able to refer you to an attorney that can help you or may consult with you for free.

I understand many others have my name.. But not all three last names,plus fist name. Being linked together with my City Name in the description as well...That's is lil more than just having the same person (s) with a common name. I reside in a smaller town and already have done many..many searches for anyone with at least two of the names State wise . Especially with being linked to "Punta Gorda" Florida. I understand it is easier to state that others will have the same name,but mine is unique, not simple as.. IE:Chase.. Olsen.. ect.. I'm frustrated and upset,cause I have three Churches willing to sponsor my Business which is going to help ALL our Public School's & two other Non-Profit Organizations. And this currently could make the difference if they,or the several Government Grants I have open currently will be granted to my Company. This possibly could be spitefully directed towards me,or maybe not... directed towards me...personally and I'm unable to find any Firm who would care to assist me with this case, although they state I have one...Especially, AFTER seeing the images and information I emailed them about the site I'm speaking of . Reasons why I haven't hired the three firms is that I can't afford their retainer, or the other ones who gave me great referrals & advice now no longer accept Defamation/Libel cases.. As they are swamped... Fine line between Civil rights being violated also.. So I'm VERY upset.. And after the last several days..Florida Bar isn't much assistance with their out dated system and giving mis information ... Thank you for your advice. I appreciate your time Mr. Chapman.

Curious... Should I hire an investigator to find out if indeed this is a personal attack against me alone ? Cause would that make the case considered different then ??? Either way .. Wish you could see ,not read why I'm upset.. To each their own and just livid my name is being used for them to entice others, which they make a profit in return slandering/exploiting my name in the process.