Skip to main content

International student seeking advice

Reading, PA |

acceptability to transfer to another school when out of previous college for a semester

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Recommend you contact your guidance counselor. This person should advise you on all issues involved in it.

This information is intended for public use only, it does not form an attorney-client relationship and it does not constitute legal advice. If you seek legal advice on military law issues, contact an military law attorney. My contact information is or 804-955-9867.


I recommend that you speak with an immigration attorney and/or the new college's admission staff to help you with this question.


You seem to have been out of status since F1 international student is supposed to be at the school at regular semester unless the school has given special permission for your absence. If that is the case, it certainly posts a serious question on your ability to transfer to a new school. You might also need F1 reinstatement. A competent immigration attorney should be able to guide you through this process.

Sincerely yours,
Oliver Huiyue Qiu, Esq.
Tel: 646-820-7658
Fax: 646-537-2608
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1271, Union, NJ 07083
Office Visit: 5 Penn Plaza, 23rd FL, Manhattan, between 33rd St and 8th Ave (By Appointment)

This communication is not intended as legal advice, and no attorney client relationship results. It is provided for general educational purpose. To visit my Manhattan office for consultation, please email me at ESQOLIVER@GMAIL.COM.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer