Skip to main content

Insured driver ran stop sign, hitting us on our bicycles. My husband risked his life saving mine, stepping over me on his bike

Atlanta, GA |

In the process, was seriously injured, driver never stopped. Officer told driver, he was good to go and never interviewed us,driver had never reported incident for wks. They were death ear denying his claim, with delays and informing all of our providers, case under investigation. He was in intensive care-internal bleeding, wks later. We utilized para transit services (medical shuttle) for the disabled, to get to providers. In Violation of ADA II, III, we were double charged, harassed, and forced from using services after their
driver, purposely and recklessly, drove off the main road into the back of the the mall' over 10-12 speed bumps aggravating his injuries as he gripped the seat. Passed away shortly thereafter (pulmonary~) What should I do?

The incidents took place in Florida.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 11


I am very sorry for your loss. It sounds as if you have multiple claims. My suggestion is to find an attorney, AVVO is a good starting place and speak with many.

I am once again sorry for you loss. Find an attorney you are comfortable in dealing with.

I wish you luck.

This response is for general information only, no attorney client privilege has been established by this communication.


You should hire a local personal injury lawyer to address all of these issues. The accident, insurance, and ADA issues are extremely complicated.

Please contact and hire an expert on your behalf.

You should know that this answer does not establish an attorney-client relationship. To do so would require a written agreement between us. You should be aware that there are time limits within which you must pursue any claim or suit.


Sadly this is typical insurance company behavior. I represented insurance companies for several years before switching to the enlightened side and only representing injured parties. I loved dealing with folks who did not have a lawyer because I could shut the case down quickly and for a fraction of the case's true value. If you want to stop stressing over this, call one of us. We all offer free consultations and you don't owe us anything unless we are successful. Good luck and I wish you both a speedy recovery.

For more information, contact us at or (770) 984-5380. The initial consultation is always free. This post is intended to provide general guidance, and should not be construed as legal advice. While I am an attorney, unless we sign a retainer agreement, I am not your attorney, and any information shared on Avvo does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please mark this answer as "Helpful" or "Best Answer" if you like it.


I am sorry for your loss. You can speak to one of the attorneys below licensed in Georgia. You need to get an experienced personal injury attorney to help you.


Seek an experienced personal injury attorney's assistance ASAP. Im sorry for your loss.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.


If you are in a bicycle accident and are seriously or fatally injured due to a truck drivers failure to observe the speed limit or for reckless driving, then you have a claim. These are serious case and require hiring an attorney immediately to investigate the claim from the standpoint of fault and damages. Time is of the essence in investigating claims. Call a local attorney specializing in truck accidents and ask for an appointment to got over the case.

24 Hour Attorney Call Center (314) 361-4242 or visit us on the Web at


Sorry to hear about this. Simply retain a top-rated lawyer with a low contingency fee to investigate your claims.


RUN AND DON'T STOP to the best Personal Injury/Malpractice/Wrongful Death attorney you can find.

I am not your attorney and am not giving legal advice.


I am very sorry to hear about this tragic loss. You should talk to a local lawyer immediately. You have many potential claims that need to be explored and the best way to get complete answers is to get an experienced local personal injury attorney to look at it.


You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. You can access my Legal Guides through my profile page.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.


You should contact an experienced Florida personal injury atty. right away. If you don't know one, call the State Bar of Florida ( in phone book) and they will give you a referral. Time is of the essence so please act quickly before doing or saying anything else about your case. Good luck.

Disclaimer: This response is provided to you for educational and informational purposes only and no attorney-client relationship has been created hereby. Other attorneys may have different opinions or responses. If you found this response helpful, please indicate Best Answer to Avvo. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer