Insurance company is asking for money back.

Los Gatos, CA |

I submitted several insurance claims in which the insurance company repeatedly lost my claims (and health information) and then demanded lots of follow-up information, which I promptly provided. It was a horrible hassle. They finally paid all claims and I thought the whole thing was settled. Now I got a letter that says they paid me twice for the same claim and they want me to write them a check for $1,000. With computerized claims processing, I highly doubt that they paid a claim twice. What can I do? Should I ask them to prove to me that they paid they claims twice? Thank you!

Absolutely ask for proof that they paid you twice.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email - Jgold@goldbenes.com

Yes, demand that they provide you with an itemized account of the payments.

Ryan Finn * 518.213.0115 * Rfinn@hackermurphy.com * Referrals are the highest form of compliment * Hacker Murphy serves clients throughout New York State and always pays referring attorneys a reasonable referral fee in contingency cases

Yes, you should demand proof in writing so you have a record of your request.

Law Offices of Linh T. Nguyen 916.509.7200 Disclaimer: This reply is not intended to be and does not constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. I always recommend consulting with an attorney, especially since many attorneys offer free, no-obligation consultations.