Insurance agent with drew money form my wife life insurance policy

San Antonio, TX |

we were informed that my insurance agent had with drew money from my wife life insurance, had the check sent to a PO Box ,signed my wife name and deposited the money into her account. their are about 10 to 20 other that the agent has done the same thing to.

Sounds like fraud. But I cannot fully understand your question. You can call me or a local attorney for a consultation.

All responses on this site by this attorney are considered practical & general and does not constitute absolute or final legal advice. It is always best to consult a lawyer in your area on your exact case/claim. Each state has different laws, statutes of limitations and regulations. This lawyer is only licensed in the State of Texas. If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of GREGG S. HARRISON, PLLC, nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Office of GREGG S. HARRISON PLLC. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. GREGG HARRISON. Visit our website at www.greggharrison.com or call 832-797-7600 to discuss your legal issue; We represent injured persons who have been involved in motor vehicle collisions, 18-wheeler/truck wrecks and motorcycle accidents; all types of general negligence and catastrophic injury claims.

You are describing actionable fraud, conversion, and multiple criminal acts. Is anyone currently representing the other victims? If so, you should consult with that law firm. If not, you should seek out local counsel.

Sounds like torts and theft. Contract the police and an experienced attorney.

Eric Dick, LL.M.; Office: 832-207-2007; Cell: 713-498-7969; Email: eric@dicklawfirm.com; website: www.dicklawfirm.com LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Mr. Dick is licensed to practice law in Texas and his office located in Harris County. Mr. Dick primarily practices insurance law in Texas and offers free consultations. Mr. Dick is ethically required to state that the response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney client relationship. These responses are only in the form of legal education and are intended to only provide general information about the matter within the question. Often times the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that if known could significantly change the reply or make such reply unsuitable. Mr. Dick strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in his or her state in order to ensure proper advice is received. By using this site you understand and agree that there is no attorney client relationship or confidentiality between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in the subject area in your jurisdiction, who is familiar with your specific facts and all of the circumstances and with whom you have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question or omitted from the question. Circular 230 Disclaimer - Any information in this comment may not be used to eliminate or reduce penalties by the IRS or any other governmental agency.

Fraud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Who informed you that this was going on? If the problem is as rampid as you describe you need to take contact local authorities and seek counsel. A lawyer may be able to get the money that was taken before its squandered. Contact an experienced insurance lawyer to assist you. I wish you the best of luck.

Although Avvo makes it clear to consumers that attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship, some attorneys prefer to add their own disclaimers to answers. You can set your custom disclaimer here and it will be automatically added to your answers.

I agree as to his insurance company this is fraud, but as to you and your wife, this is theft. Contact your police department and ask to speak to a detective in the white collar crime department, get copies of all of the records and documents that prove the chain of events as you have described them and turn this matter over to the police.

The criminal system is a better choice of dealing with this person and may be more effective in getting your money back.

The civil justice system has certain limits to which we can't go, and putting someone like this in jail is one of those limits. For your sake, and future victims, turn this over to the police.

This doesn't mean that you cannot also hire a civil lawyer to pursue the return of your money, but in my experience, someone so desperate to steal money from his employer and his clients has more than likely spent the money in a manner that it will be difficult to recover, and you might not be able to actually get your money back.

The good news is theft and actual fraud are not typically dischargeable in a bankruptcy, so he can't file bankruptcy to avoid paying you. But collecting a debt against any individual can be very difficult.

Good Luck to you.

Greg