Skip to main content

Insolvet Estate in California Probate.

Carson, CA |

I am currently in probate, had final distribution hearing 6-12-12 where judge denied claim stating the 1 creditors claim needed to be paid or a waiver received from creditor.My father died July 2011 no will.Only asset is our home which has a reverse mortgage, which is underwater, probabte refree appraised higher than mortgage company appraisal.I have paid all courts costs and taxes out of my own pocket as there are no assets-the only reason I started probate is that I want to keep the house, but reverse mortgage company won't allow me to pay off the loan (I have mortgage in my name preapproved) without title, I can't get title until probate closes and now probate won't close until I pay a debt that isn't mine out of my pocket (approx 16,000). My attorney is stumped - any suggestions?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


This website is for general advice, not the type of specific advice you are seeking. Communications on this website are public (and not protected by the attorney-client confidentiality privilege), and since you are already represented by counsel, it would be awkward for any of us to respond to your question.

Any answer or other information posted above is general in nature and is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice. This posting does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the posting attorney, and you are urged to engage a qualified attorney who is licensed to practice in the relevant jurisdiction.


Attorney Hansen is correct-you already have an attorney-so it would be improper for another attorney to advise you.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer