Skip to main content

Inquiry about my case.

Iraan, TX |

Iam an Iranian citizen.I have an application for immigration which was issued on behalf of my father when I was a child.After all my father could not follow up my case because of the problems he had and as the results we received an notification from the Us embassy in Dubai that we should refer to them within a year but my father was not able to do that and my case was canceled. After all I came to about existence of such a case a year ago and I referred to Us embassy in Dubai but I did not find any clear answer and I was referred to USCIS but there also I could not find a clear answer. I just want to know that is there any possibility to reinstate my application because when the application was issued I was only 6 and now I am 18 years old and I can take any action by my self

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration
Attorney answers 4


Based on your description, the best course of action for you would be to have a proper consultation with an immigration attorney.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


According to the facts you give, the petition was for your father. As he did not immigrate, you too cannot immigrate based on that petition.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


It is probably too late to do anything about this.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


It would be best if you contacted an Immigration Attorney in your area to do a full consultation with you so that the attorney can determine what options, if any, are available to you. Based on your description, there are follow up questions that an Immigration Attorney would have to ask to make sure there are no important facts that are left out. Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer