Injury from product malfunction

Seattle, WA |

My employee was using a Cuisinart that malfunctioned. Her finger was so damaged that she requires skin grafts and is unable to work. She has L & I coverage, but as Cuisinart is culpable we are seeking compensation

The first thing you should do is preserve the machine that caused the injury and do not alter it in any way. Take pictures of the machine that caused the injury as well as pictures of the injury itself. It is possible to bring a 3rd party negligence claim against the Cuisinart company provided you show it was defective. You normally need to retain an expert to inspect the machine and state it was defective. Hiring experts can be costly. Your best bet is to contact an attorney in your area ASAP to discuss your options.

Save the Cuisinart, and have a local defective product lawyer investigate a possible claim