Skip to main content

Injured/hurt in a fight

Los Angeles, CA |

Sunday morning, following an argument between my wife & I, her sister & sister's husband came over to my home. Her sister said something to me & I responded. As such, her husband, who is a professional football player in the NFL, walked into my home & provoked me/threatened me/challenged me to a fight of which did occur with my wife's sister participating & attacking me also. During this fight I was injured (i.e. torn pec., & contusions in my groin area/head). The police were called, & he was almost tazzered. He was handcuffed, but out of love/respect for my wife, I asked that he be released/not charged. How do I follow-up/hold him accountable for his wrong-doings? Every time I go to pick up my little boy & can't due to my injuries, I'm upset. I'm a retired VET with disabilities.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You can sue in civil court.
Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at


This is not a criminal issue. You need to speak to a P.I or Personal Injury Lawyer.


Sue in civil court or hire a personal Injury lawyer to make a claim against the homeowners policy.


Most AVVO Personal injury attorneys will offer you a free consultation regarding this matter. I suggest you contact a few of them and discuss this matter with them so that they can give you specific directions on what you should do from this point on. One thing I can suggest to you is if there are any visible marks or black and blue Areas on your body is to take photographs of them NOW before they disappear. This will be evidence that you can use in a civil lawsuit against this person.

I will be happy to speak with you at no cost with a FREE phone consultation if you have a San Diego or California matter. Please call my office at 619-238-1905 or visit my website at

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer