In Utah, can I appeal a property tax valuation to State court without going through the Utah State Tax Commission?

Salt Lake City, UT |

I am appealing a property tax decision that I received from a informal Utah State Tax Commission hearing . My question is whether I can appeal this decision straight to court or if the informal decision prohibits me from doing this.

You have to exhaust your administrative remedies before seeking judicial relief. If you still have an administrative appeal right then you need to file that appeal before heading to court to appeal the decision(s).

This information is for discussion purposes only and does not constitute legal advice nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Individuals seeking a legal opinion or legal advice on any matter should contact an attorney experienced in the field of their issue and discuss retaining such attorney to represent the individual.

You should hire Mr. Junia.