Skip to main content

In the state of tennessee with charges of manufacturing and sale against you

Fayetteville, TN |

when and can you file a motion of discovery to find out info and name of person or persons that made these statements against you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If you are charged in General Sessions court then often times that information is in the Affidavit of Complaint that is signed by the complainant (which may be a police officer). If it's in Criminal Court then as part of discovery (which is provided once a motion for discovery is filed) that information may be revealed. If the informant was a confidential informant then you may not learn their name till you get deep into discovery. And sometimes that requires an order of the court to reveal the information.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship. I provide this service for educational purposes only. I will take no action on your behalf unless you have hired me and a written retainer agreement is signed. I am licensed only in Tennessee and I strongly suggest you consult with an attorney in your city and state as Statute of Limitation deadlines can limit your recovery.


The motion for discovery is filed once there has been an Indictment or Presentment issued by the grand jury relative to your case. This motion should be filed after your arraignment in Criminal/Circuit court relative to the Indictment/Presentment.

The information provided does not create an attorney-client relationship and is provided merely as a general answer to a general question. You should additionally seek the services of an experienced attorney for further help dealing with your specific case.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer