In the state of pennsylvania if i'm hate with a hair curling iron, is it consider a weapon?

Upper Darby, PA |

While I was in the bathroom curling my hair, the person hate me with the door and walk away cursing and did not say sorry so when I went to ash her by knocking on her door her boyfriend opened and she went on cursing so I then asked her so you hate me with the door and could not say sorry? she then got up from her bed and slam the room door on my face and when I try to move from the door way, she then grab her son's toy and hate me on my left side so I went after her and while going after her that's when she took a hair curling iron and hate me in the left eye and we started fighting.The fight was stopped by her boyfriend after some few minutes and she then try to lash after me again so her boyfriend and her started to fight and my boyfriend took me out to avoid the fight. The police came

The curling iron was used for a criminal purpose so the person using it could be charged with Possession of an Instrument of Crime. If the police do not charge her, you can file a private criminal complaint with the District Court. It would then be up to the District Attorney to approve it.

Thanks for your answer to my question. Since the case has not been resolved, do I go ahead now and file this claim or wait?

I would advise you to retain an experienced criminal attorney as soon as possible. Also be careful not to discuss the details of your criminal case on the Internet.

Yes, a curling iron can be considered an instrument of a crime if it is used to assault someone.

I am an attorney in Pennsylvania but I am not currently *your* attorney. Nothing in my communication should be construed as creating an attorney/client relationship. Please contact me if you wish to retain me as your counsel.

Thanks for the advice.

Jake Kathleen Marcus

Jake Kathleen Marcus

:) Feel free to contact my office for further assistance. I practice in your area.

Ok will do

I agree with the responses of my learned colleagues. Retain counsel if you have been charged. Contact police if you haven't been charged.

I was issued a public defender

William A. Jones Jr.

William A. Jones Jr.

Not clear on that one. You have a public defender because you have been charged? If so, you need to address your questions to that attorney.

I n this case, I've been to court two times and seen the same public defender and the care have been transfer to another district court and they are going to be appointing another public defender to my case

I agree with my colleagues, if you have been arrested by Upper Darby, retain an experienced criminal defense attorney and stop discussing the details of the crime on a public forum. It sounds as if you may live with this person, you may need to find some other method off resolving your differences.

Stew Crawford, Jr., Esq.

Crawford Law Firm
A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

Philadelphia Area Office
223 North Monroe Street
Media, Pennsylvania 19063
877-992-6311
www.crawfordlaw.org

E-Mail: crime@subrolaw.us

All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself, create an attorney client relationship. If you wish to consult with an attorney, or have any questions concerning this comment, please feel free to contact our offices through any of the above contact sources.

You need a criminal defense attorney to represent you and review the facts and the law on self defense in your state. I assume you were arrested/charged with a criminal offense. Get counsel.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Under § 907 In PA (relating to possessing an instrument of crime) a weapon is defined as "Anything readily capable of lethal use and possessed under circumstances not manifestly appropriate for lawful uses which it may have. ..."

To answer your question, a curling could be considered a weapon if used or held out as a weapon.

Please consult with an attorney and consider this answer for general purposes only.