Skip to main content

In the state of KY does a parent with joint custody still have rights when in jail

Kentucky |

We don't know how long he is in for but we know it's for drug traf.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Assuming the incarcerated person's parental rights have not been terminated, s/he continues to have certain rights. Those obviously will be modified by the terms of his/her incarceration as may be the terms of support and you should consult with a local Divorce/family law attorney to determine exactly how.

Depending on the nature of the crime and victims you may have reason to petition to change custody and/or request termination of parental rights, so again, consult with a local attorney to insure you don't take an inappropriate or inadvisable step!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer