Skip to main content

In the process of buying a car, seller has a title loan. can court proceedings hold the due date of the contract?

Mesa, AZ |

I tried to pay the balance on a car that I was paying off from a private seller. He could not produce a title due to a title loan on the car. I have a notarized agreement which has been breached buy the seller... Can I be awarded the money paid into this car or can the seller be forced to pay the loan off and transfer the title?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You certainly can sue, check the most you can sue for in small claims court where you do not have to have an attorney and the process if much faster.

My offices does represent people from Avvo if they contact me but only in the Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, San Bernardino and Riverside County in Southern California. The answers I give here are not meant to create an attorney client relationship. When accepting clients I conduct interviews face to face and they often take 30 minutes or more. I approach trials and issues from a legal and common sense approach, This is how the majority of judges I have appeared before in 40 years also make decisions. I do not intend by my advice to enter an attorney client relationship and in most cases advise to obtain legal representation. Sometimes if you can not afford it a consultation or limited scope representation is available. As an experienced attorney I can tell you, judges can be impatient, hate emotional arguments and over exagerations or lies. A brief outline of the problems and desired solutions is often best and I d0 limited scope representations advise clients on how to proceed at time of hearing or trial and my fees are considerably less when I do not appear in court as it takes much less of my time.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer