Skip to main content

In Suffolk, VA, my 82 year old dad needs to get his vehicle and $3000 from a mechanic. The mechanic is non-responsive.

Mount Holly, NJ |

He gave his vehicle and money to the mechanic last year. He is not returning my calls, and I have left several messages with a "front man" at his shop. We need to move to the next step. I live in NJ, but I am trying to help him without having to go to VA.

+ Read More

Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes
Attorney answers 2


Ok, so did you have a question? Tough to give you a shove in thre right direction with no facts. Why dies mechanic have the car? Why does mechanic have money? What is their agreement? The basic whi, what, when, where, why, and how facts.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.


File a criminal complaint against him. That should get his attention.

Attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. There are always specific facts that are important for an attorney to review before providing advice to a Client. In no way should you rely on the response provided herein to conduct your legal affairs on your own. You should always hire an attorney before you rely on advice provided.