Skip to main content

In Santa Barbara, Ca. Got a ticket for open container on street (infraction).Now officer changed it to misdemeanor.

Salinas, CA |

I am 26 years old, and I keep reading that open containers are infractions. The officer even told me it would be, but now, a couple weeks later, he's changed it to a misdemeanor. I got the proof of service letter through the mail. Should I sign it?

The code and section for an open container in Santa Barbara is 9.05.010: (page 327). Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You should sign the proof of service and return it. Appear in court and let the judge correct the overzealous officer masquerading as a judge.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer