Skip to main content

In PA, can a family pay tuition and have their child attend public school in a district that they do not reside in?

Pittsburgh, PA |

If yes, what are the steps in the process?

+ Read More

Filed under: Education law
Attorney answers 1


The short answer is yes you can, but the "receiving" school district has the right to say no. For children with special needs, a home school district will sometimes place a child in a neighboring district if it does not have an appropriate placement. In that case, the child would still be enrolled in the home district although placed in the neighboring district.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer